Polyurethane spray foam is a relative newcomer to the insulation industry – it has only been around for about 30 years. However, it’s ease of installation and durability, combined with its other many attractive features, has helped it become a popular insulation choice for everything from homes to commercial buildings to storage tanks.
At Frueh Construction, we are experts in the application and installation of spray foam insulation. If you are looking for an economical option to seal your building’s envelope, give us a call today at 701-693-5765. We can answer all your questions about spray foam and provide you with a free estimate.
Spray Foam VS Traditional Insulation
There are many reasons why spray foam beats out traditional insulation options like fiberglass and cellulose:
- Air-tight: Spray foam insulation stops outside air from traveling into your home and vice versa. Traditional forms of insulation are not is airtight, allowing cool air to escape your home in the summer, and cold air to penetrate your house in the winter, leading to higher utility bills.
- Up-to-date: As a newer installation option, spray foam formulas are continually being adjusted and improved upon, to meet current building codes. Old methods of insulation are becoming evermore outdated.
- Fitted: Spray foam expands to perfectly fill and seal any cracks or leaks. Fiberglass batts and cellulose are difficult to fit into walls and other spaces without leaving any leaks.
- Water Resistant: Many types of spray foam are either water proof or porous, allowing water to pass through without doing any permanent damage, whereas traditional insulation is usually ruined after any significant exposure to water.
- Hypoallergenic: Spray foam can improve the quality of air in your home by sealing it off from outside contaminants. Fiberglass and cellulose can introduce dust and other particulate matter into the air, exacerbating conditions like asthma.
- Pest Resistant: The solid state of spray foam insulation discourages pests and rodents for making their homes in your walls, crawlspaces, and attic, while traditional insulation makes attractive betting and nesting areas.
- Structural Strength: Spray foam insulation adds to the structural integrity of your house. In a test by The National Association of Home Builders (NAHB) Research Center, spray foam increased rack and shear strength by two to three times compared to fiber
Superior Insulation With Frueh
If you are looking for high quality, strong, long-lasting solutions to protect and maintain your building, spray foam insulation by Frueh is where it’s at! We use only the highest quality products that, when coupled with our many years of expert performance, guarantee your building will be properly insulated and start saving energy right away.
Call us today at 701-693-5765 to learn how our spray foam insulation can benefit you!