Spray polyurethane foam, or SPF, is a durable, efficient insulation option as well as an excellent commercial roofing system, and one that we are proud to offer at Frueh Construction. Not only can SPF save you a significant amount on utility costs, but it can also extend the life of your industrial roof. Call today for a professional estimate! (701) 693-5765
How It Works
Applying SPF roofing involves three components:
- The substrate – This is the surface upon which the roofing or waterproofing membrane is applied, which is usually your existing roof.
- The SPF layer – Spray polyurethane is composed of almost 1 million closed cells per square inch, giving it an extremely high R-value for its compactness.
- The top coat – A reflective ENERGY STAR-certified coating is applied lastly, to help reflect more sunlight from the surface, thus reducing the amount of heat absorbed by the structure.
Sprayed polyurethane foam is a great option for rejuvenating an old roof with good structure. It is durable, with a proven track record of performing well across the nation, in a plethora of environments and weather conditions. Read on for just a few of the benefits you can expect from installing SPF.
- Sprayed polyurethane foam offers an affordable option because of the cost savings it presents in the form of a long-lasting, reliable roof covering and energy cost savings over the course of years. When you compare life cycle costs of all roofing systems, SPF is the most economical choice by far.
- Not only can SPF insulate your building and give your roof a facelift, it can actually reinforce it because of its density. SPF can withstand up to 40 pounds per square inch. And, bonus, it actually protects your building because it is seamless, fully adhered, and waterproofed.
- SPF is a quick fix for leaky or drip-prone roofs or roofs with other moisture issues. Because of the unique composition of this roofing material, there is no lateral water travel within an SPF roof.
- SPF has a relatively high rate of insulation at 6.5 R-value per square inch of thickness. Compare that to other popular insulations like cellulose and fiberglass (3.5 to 3.7).
If you would like to learn more about Frueh Construction’s spray polyurethane foam services and how it could improve your roof or walls, call us today at (701) 693-5765!